Saturday, January 5, 2008

Four is the magic number (20070225)

Today I officially became a partner in Tacit Knowledge!

There are now three founding partners (Chris Andrasick, Scott Askew,
Manish Bardolia) and me - the first partner joining in from the ranks of
employees.

I can't tell you much effort has gone in to making this happen, because
it's entirely too boring, but I will say that it took a lot of those
three guys' time to make it happen, and I appreciate it.

Ian mentioned that it would have been cool if there was some notion of
what I'll be doing, so I'll write it up real quick. My immediate plans
and duties are basically "more of the same"

* I still need to be as billable as possible (Joann and Kodak for
now) to fulfill my employee responsibilities

* I'll still do TKIS-related things (operator@ helpdesk work, all
the infrastructure)

Going forward, I see one major new thing on the horizon which is that
David Martinez, Scott Askew and I have been working on opening a Western
Hemisphere delivery office, and if I can work out the details and it
makes sense, I might live there for a while to get the office started.

Other than that, as Chris said, I think one of the most valuable things
I have to offer the other partners is that nearly every way I relate to
the company is still strictly on an employee basis. So if something is
annoying in that regard, I really feel it too . You really should feel
free to bring things up with me if you want since I'll probably agree
with you, and we can try to come up with a good solution. I'll then do
my best to carry things to the rest of the guys to try to make things right.

Finally, I'll say I'm really excited about Tacit. I've been here a long
time, and I really like the way we're slowly, steadily growing both in
size, clients and skills. We're not perfect, but I think this is a great
place to work and I look forward to trying to make it even better as we
keep growing.

No comments: