Thursday, January 17, 2008

New upgrade guidelines. An upgrade soon?

USA Cycling just re-tooled their points system and started awarding a
lot more points for high placings in races, especially road races.

http://www.usacycling.org/forms/USAC_rulebook.pdf

NCNCA always did that, but USAC is actually more generous than NCNCA now.

Re-totaling my haul from last fall, I've got 19 points now, out of 25
needed.

More important (for me, since I wasn't planning on upgrading so soon) is
that they force you out at 40 points now, instead of 60 or whatever it
was before.

Is it normal to be afraid to upgrade? Because I ride with a lot of 2s
and 1s, and...I'm not so eager :-)

If this helps any of you 4s pop up into the 3s ranks though, right on!
Come race with me. We'll have some fun

2 comments:

runjoelrun said...

Hey my grandma always said: 'What's good for the goose is good for the gander'. Translated that means if you're telling the 4's to upgrade ASAP then you should also upgrade to the 2's in the same time frame. Do it Hardy!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat. Got 6 more points due to the new rules. I was planning on upgrading at the end of 08 but now I fear it may come sooner.
Actually, if I get the rest of the points early, I may help some of my team-mates have some fun.

Dave