Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pop! (or, 100 miles of crits may be too much...)

Did the first Early Bird this morning. Hello, 2008!

I clearly need to do some intervals, because the 123 race asked more of
me than I could deliver. It shredded apart (as good friend Joel was
initiating the race-winning break) and as it came back together I blew up.

I'll take solace in the fact I'd already done 97 miles of crit by that
point. And I was sick all week.

And the sun got in my eye, and the wind took the ball, and, and...oh
well, I guess it's time for intervals :-)

Oh, I should mention that there was a crash in 5s, and no, I have no idea why it happened. I mean, I know why. I was a mentor in the field and I was in the pack, near it. I saw a wheel overlap and stuff, but how do people crash on a big wide straightaway? Bizarre. And a shame. No major injuries though (whew), and all other fields survived with nothing but a flat tire here or there. Sweet! But protect those front-wheels, and maintain your space, people!

Cheers

1 comment:

runjoelrun said...

Yeah, funny crit that one. Just sort of rolled off the front and was nice to be joined by Billy Innes (sic?).